Built with ❤️   in NYC & TLV
Interaction & Animation
Interactions and Animations empower designers to create beautiful, interactive components right inside Sketch.
- Interaction - Add Click, Hover, or Timer actions to trigger state transitions
- Animation - States transition automatically without a trigger
- In the Prototyping tab, select Interaction or Animation
- Click Create
- When entering the Intereaction/Animation editor, each layer in the Sketch group or artboard will convert into an image
- The format of the image can be PNG, JPG or SVG, as selected in Sketch’s Exportable panel (or PNG by default)
- Layers can be moved around, resized, rotated, hidden or shown, in each State(except the Initial State)
- A State is a canvas which contains all the layers imported from Sketch
- The Initial State can be imported from a Sketch Symbol, Artboard, or Group
- All the layers that exists in the Initial State, will exists in all other Keyframes (but can be hidden)
- Layers cannot be added or removed from a State, but can be made hidden or visible
- You can have as many States as you want, but to create an animation you need the Initial State and at least one more
- The Initial State is the starting point. That means all the layers are positioned as they are positioned in the Sketch document
- You cannot change layers size or position or any other property in the Initial State
- To animate layers movement or resizing, create another State and move layers around
- The States Sidebar is a list of all the States.
- In each State you can view and select all the sub layers and groups of the State.
- All the States contain exactly the same layers.
- The State has the same layer hierarchy as imported from the Sketch document.
- In each State (except the Initial State) you can show/hide layers and change their properties, which will result in an animation.
- An Action is a combination of a Layer, an Event and a Target State
- An Action is what triggers the transition between two States
- Each transition contains one or more small animations of the different layers the States contain
As of now, supported Events are:
- Mouse Click
- Mouse Enter
- Mouse Leave
When the user performs the chosen Event, a Transition is triggered onto the Target State.
For example, let’s say there are 2 states: initial and state1.
If we add an Action to the Button Layer in the initial state with the event ‘On Mouse Enter‘ and connect it to state1, then when the user hovers the mouse on the button, the component will perform a Transition to state1.
- A Transition is an animated transition between two States
- Each Transition contains one or more small animations of the different layers the States contain
- You can select a Transition by clicking the blue arrow between two States
- Sketch Tutorial File: [Download]